Monday 24 June 2013

Review | Sleek Ultra Mattes V1 Brights Palette ♥



Hello Ladies! 

I bought this palette a while back on pure impulse whilst in Superdrug, and thought I would review it as it is fan-taba-lastic. I also created a super bright eye look whilst testing it a couple of months back so I thought I would add a picture of it in at the end of this post for you guys.

I have heard great things about Sleek's eyeshadow palettes in the past but have never owned one before. I must say.. for the price of the palette you really do get a bargain for your money. I chose the Brights Palette as it just looked so appealing to me. I'm glad I chose it too as it is just amazing.


The palette is rather "sleek" in style and I love the simple yet classy packaging. It came with a little advertising sheet thingie that I just threw into the picture.. because the lady was pretty lol! It is a little tough to open I will admit! So just be careful you don't break a nail or send the palette flying across the room!

List of Colours (Left to right):

First Row:
Chill
Pout
Sugarlite
Dragonfly
Pucker
Bammi

Second Row:
Cricket
Bolt
Strike
Floss
Crete
Pow!


The colours are so bold.. I just fell in love with them! Which is unusual for me as I swear by neutral palettes and usually play it safe when it comes to make-up. This is just great for party looks and also to spice up your look in the summer.

The palette comes with two transition colours and an off-white highlight. I haven't used the transition colours as I just don't think they suit the other colours very well. Light matte browns are great for transitions. Grey and light pink? Not too sure.

 I do think the grey could still be used as a transition and to blend the other colours together. "Floss" just seems so out of place and I feel like another more vibrant colour should be there instead. I'll try and find uses for it though! Come on Sleek.. We want BRIGHTS! ^_^


Now, these palettes are very good quality considering their price. However they are not the softest shadows I have used. Don't get me wrong they're not rough! You can just tell the difference in texture compared to an eyeshadow from Urban Decay or something of the likes. I suppose some of them are a little chalky in texture? It'd explain why they feel a bit different!

Also, the key is to blend! Some of the shadows (especially the darker blue) can look quite chalky when applied so blending helps to prevent a chalky look by smudging the colour out a little. So blend blend blend as it's quite important!

Ooh.. and it does come with an applicator but it's just one of those standard double ended sponge applicators. I have used it but I just personally prefer to use brushes! It's completely up to you how you choose to apply it. Everybody's different!

A few swatches for you guys! (without any primer):


As you can probably tell, the colours are definitely bright lol. This isn't the most pigmented palette I have owned in the sense that one swatch of the colour won't give you the most vibrant shade. Some colours do pick up better than others but as a whole you do need to apply a couple of layers to achieve a bold shade.

Also, as with many matte eyeshadows there can be a lot of fall out if you're not careful with placing the product and tapping off your brush after picking up product. This isn't an issue for me though as the fall out is easily sorted by using a good old sticky primer.

I find that a great way to make the colours stand out even more is by replacing your primer with a white eye-liner. White primer would work too (the more opaque the better!). The white just allows the colour to "pop" that little bit more. It's better to use this technique if you want a fun and vibrant look.

A look I created a couple of months ago whilst playing around- Inspired by Rihanna Who's That Chick?

Overall I am extremely pleased with this palette. I think it's great for those who want something a little more fun in their makeup collection. I know some parts of this review may have come off a little negative but that's just so you guys know the cons as well as the pros! It is a gorgeous, affordable little palette, and I would recommend it to anyone. You should definitely give it a swatch if you ever stumble across it whilst shopping!

Expect an FOTD soon with this gorgeousness!

Oh and please feel free to leave any requests below! I'm happy to do a post on anything you guys may be interested in. It doesn't have to just be beauty related either!


Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment