Sunday 7 July 2013

FOTD- Arabic Inspired Dramatic Makeup ♡


Hello Ladies! 

I thought I'd try and do an FOTD/FOTN inspired by Arabian makeup. I find it so glamorous and feminine and really wanted to test it out as it is one of my absolute favourite looks. 

I've always LOVED the Arab culture.. from their food, music and dancing right through to their makeup and fashion. It may have something to do with living abroad in an Arab country for a while in my childhood. I can't say it was a negative influence at all though!

I kept my face very neutral so that my eyes stood out from the rest of my face. I used a selection of matte and shimmery bronzers to create a dewy bronzed complexion. I also opted for nude lips and kept them quite matte so that my face didn't look over-the-top and greasy.

I don't know how well the look has come out as my makeup skills are self-taught so I'm not the best when it comes to creating such wild eye-looks haha. I'm personally not too keen on the double-wing I created as it's rather scruffy and not very precise. I don't think the rest is too bad though.. aside from the fact I may have taken my eyeshadow a little too high up! I hope you enjoy the look anyway ^_^



Face:
Mac Studio Fix Fluid- nw15
Maybelline Cover Stick Concealer- Ivory
Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation- Opal
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder- Transparent
NYC Sun 2 Sun Bronzing Duo (Dark side)
Urban Decay Baked Bronzer- Baked
Too Faced Snow Bunny Bronzer
Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Mono Blush- Pink Rose
Benefit Dandelion Blush




Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Too Faced Shadow Insurance- Candlelight
UD Naked 2- Tease (Transition colour)
Sleek Ultra Mattes Brights Palette- Purple, Pink & Orange (crease)
UD Naked 2- Verve & Baked (lid colour)
UD Naked 2- Blackout (crease & lower lash line)
UD Naked 2- Bootycall (Highlight)
Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt tip Liner
Rimmel Eyeliner- Pure White
Collection 2000 Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner- 9- Retro Chic
Loreal Million Lashes Excess Mascara
Hed Kandi Eyelashes- Twisted Disco


Lips:
Carmex Lip Balm
MAC Hue Lipstick

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

And that is all ladies! I found it rather fun creating this look and hope to do similar ones pretty soon. Hopefully with practice I'll get better at it and will send better quality looks your way haha. Please feel free to leave any requests/feedback in the comments section below and I will hopefully see you all in my next post!


Lots of Love 


6 comments:

  1. your makeup looks so lovely!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // bloglovin

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a big goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! ^_^ Will defo give your blog a good old read x

      Delete
  2. gorgeous makeup look, you are absolutely beautiful! Glad to have come across your blog, now following you. Maybe check out mine and follow back if you like it ? :) x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Absolutely loved reading your blog! Great photography =) Followed back xoxo

      Delete
  3. Wow your eyes are so pretty! Absolutely love the eyeshadow colours :) I'm now following you and would love to see more posts like this!

    ~Abbie ( oodlesofabbie.blogspot.co.uk )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much! I'll defo do an FOTD similar to this one sometime soon then ^_^ xoxo

      Delete