Saturday 30 March 2013

March Favourites! ♥

Hi Dolls! So with April literally just around the corner I thought I would do a post on a few of the products I have been loving this month. I've never done monthly favourites so I'm not sure if my style of writing is too review-ish or not haha! So please do let me know if there's anything I should change! I'm all open to constructive criticism!


♥ Olay Beauty Fluid and The Beauty Parlour T-Zone Mattifying Moisturiser 

I have had this Olay moisturiser for a long while now and am literally struggling to squirt any out haha! Time for a new one I think! I love this moisturiser as it is fast-absorbing and does not add any excess oils to my skin. Its great used under makeup and does not cake me up or make my foundation slide all over the place. I initially bought this during summer last year as I did not want to use oily products on my face in such humid weather. This moisturiser definitely did a great job at keeping my skin hydrated without greasing it up! It's great for summer time!

I bought this mattifying moisturiser a while back whilst looking through Superdrug. I had stumbled across it a few times in the past and loved the smell and the fact that it made my skin oh-so-smooth when I used the tester. I don't know why I had shoved it at the back of my dresser for months on end but I recently came across it and fell it love with it all over again! The moisturiser contains Witch-Hazel which fights breakouts and minimises oiliness. I cannot explain the smell of this to you guys but it is GORGEOUS. Its so perfume-y and feminine and I tend to rub a little on my neck so that the smell lingers throughout the day.

The moisturiser is definitely softening and has not broken me out at all. I have found that it has improved my skin a little and I would recommend it to anyone! The quirky packaging is to die for!


♥ St Ives Apricot Scrub (Gentle) & Nivea Gentle Cleansing Wipes 

I use my face scrub every morning and use my cleansing wipes at night to clear my makeup off to prevent getting blocked pores and icky skin. These are the two products I have been using this month. They work rather well and have prevented me from breaking out. I have tried better makeup remover wipes in the past though so these wipes aren't a holy grail product haha!



Soap and Glory Sugar Scrub Body Wash & Scrub

If you're a fan of lime or citrus scents you have to pick these up from your local Boots. They smell divine! I just look forward to my shower every day knowing I get to lather myself up in all of this yumminess! The body scrub is great for buffing away dead skin- especially in places you wax or shave as it prevents ingrowing hairs- and the body wash is amazing for lathering tons of the scent all over your body! These are definitely a bath-time must have for me! They don't dry my skin out at all and my whole bathroom smells delicious when I'm done with them- Oh and I do too! ;-)


Palmer's Firming Butter

I love all of Palmer's cocoa butter range but have recently been using this as part of my daily moisturising routine. It makes my skin super soft and glowy-looking and although some people hate the scent of these moisturisers I absolutely love it. It can take a while for the skin to absorb it if you layer too much on at once so you may have to wait a few minutes before getting dressed. I tend to use this every night before bed and wear loose pyjamas so that the product is absorbed deep into my skin.


Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle & Ghost - The Fragrance

I love these two fragrances. I recently got given the Ghost perfume as a gift from my boyfriend and it is so feminine and sophisticated!

Coco Mademoiselle is a lot more fragrant and fun but still smells so feminine and aromatic. I really love these two scents!


Loreal Studio Silk & Gloss

I have used this heat protectant for about 2 years now and keep buying it as soon as I run out. It smells beautiful and makes your hair so glossy and smooth! I have found that I no longer get as many split ends since I have used this and my hair is in much better condition than it used to be. I think I will always love this product!

Loreal Mythic Oil ♥ 

This was actually my mums until I stole it off her! But hey her fault for not using it right? Haha! I use this after my shower and apply it to my damp hair. You only need one or two pumps depending on the length and volume of your hair. I apply it to the ends of my hair and work the remainders through to my roots. Be careful not to get carried away as you don't want to look like an egg could be fried on your hair!

This really makes your hair look glossy and improves it's overall texture and quality. For extra pampering try applying this before you shower and massage it into your scalp and leave it wrapped in a towel for 5-10minutes. After washing it out with shampoo, conditioning your hair and drying it, you'll really feel and see the difference!



Mark Hill Fabulous Finish Hairspray

I don't use hairspray on a daily basis as it can be quite drying and damaging for your hair, but when I do I use this beautifully packaged hairspray by Mark Hill. It definitely holds my hair well but you have to make sure not to spray too close if you don't want a stiff barnet! This helps give my hair a lift at the roots and I use it when I want to hold my curls in all day.



♥ Kent Teasing Comb 

Which girl doesn't like a big do? I don't over-tease my hair as I'm petrified of hair-loss haha! So I use this to add just a tiny bit of volume to the roots of my hair and my fringe. I love this comb! It has a long pointed handle which is great for parting your hair and moving it about :-)

♥ Rimmel Stay Matte Powder- Transparent 

I have used Collection 2000's Sheer Loose Powder in Translucent for ages now and have repurchased it again and again. Whilst I would still recommend the powder to others I did find it made me a tad orange so I decided rather than repurchasing it again, I should try something new out.

This powder is amazing. It's so fine that it leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and it holds my make-up all day! You don't need to worry about getting carried away with it either as it just looks so flawless on application. I'm not too sure if it really is transparent or if that is just the name of the colour but I find that it really does flatter my complexion and adds a little more coverage to my foundation. I will definitely be repurchasing this once it runs out.


 ♥ Real Techniques Stippling Brush 

This is a favourite of so many Youtube Gurus and beauty bloggers and I can honestly see why. This helps distribute my foundation evenly over my entire face and really helps create that airbrushed finish that all girls are after! I don't buff foundation onto my skin as it really cakes me up and looks awful. Instead I pat the product over my face with the brush and blend it out using the same method- it gives such a flawless finish!

You should definitely purchase this brush. It's amazing quality and with proper care it will last you years!


♥ Mac ShyGirl & Cremesheen Glass- Double Happiness 

I've blogged about these two products in the past and still my love story continues. These two pair together beautifully to create the most amazing coral-nude lip. I can see myself running out of these fairly quickly but I am definitely prepared to repurchase!


♥ Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil- Sable Brown 

I'm not usually a fan of using eyeliner on my waterline as it just doesn't look very flattering on me at all. However, I was recently told that black might be too harsh on my skintone and that I should try out a brown eyeliner instead. The colour change has definitely helped and I absolutely love this eyeliner! It's not overly pigmented so I don't have to worry about getting carried away easily. If you don't like the way black liner looks on your waterline I suggest you try this out! It's perfect for pale to medium-light complexions.


 Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Mono Blush - Pink Rose 

This colour is so beautiful. I wouldn't call it pink at all as it's very coral and peachy in colour, but it's beautiful nonetheless! It really compliments my complexion and makes me look as though I'm glowing. It has a slight sheen to it but it's nothing extremely noticeable. You should definitely give it a try! It's my favourite blush at the moment!


Maybelline Cover Stick- Ivory

I've purchased this concealer twice now and am honestly in love with this shade more than the one I previously owned. It is very thick and creamy, which I love as it tucks my hideous dark circles away pretty well! I wouldn't recommend using this without a setting powder through as it will melt and settle in fine lines. It's a great heavy-duty concealer, and with it's price you can't really go wrong!



Urban Decay's Baked Bronzer- Baked

I love shimmery bronzers. Anything shimmery, I'll fall in love with. This bronzer is great for contouring and adding a bit of colour and dimension to my face! Don't be intimidated by how shimmery it looks in the pan- it's much more muted when applied and gives you a gorgeous healthy glow!


♥ MAC Blacktrack Fluidline ♥

I use this to create the perfect winged eyeliner. Gel liner looks so much better than ink or pencil when it comes to lining the top lid. I use an angled liner brush to apply the product- this helps create the perfect flawless wing. You should definitely try this out! I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have a steady hand as it is trickier to work with and you could end up getting it all over your eyes!


♥ Benefit "They're Real!" Mascara 

This is a product I use daily. I really love how it lengthens my eyelashes and makes them look so full. It's very feminine-looking and comes with the most amazing applicator that can get right into the corners of your eyes.

If you don't own a good make-up remover I wouldn't recommend purchasing this as it will not come off with water alone. It seems pretty similar to a waterproof mascara although I don't think it's supposed to be?



Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

I love nude colours on my lids and this palette certainly has the wow-factor. The colours are so beautiful and I think every girl should own it as it is so versatile and can create so many looks! It also comes with an amazing double-ended brush that has an applicator and a blender, and is such great quality.

I love all of the colours which is extremely rare for me as I usually tend to fall in love with just two colours and leave the rest of the palette alone! Urban Decay's makeup is such great quality and this palette isn't so popular for no reason! I really want to start doing FOTD's using this!



Benefit Dandelion Blush ♥ 

Now, I don't mean to sound like a spoil-sport but.. Why can I see pan already? I purchased this blush in late-January as I fell in love with the natural shade of pink it had to offer. I did not expect the pan to be so shallow in such a bulky box? If I'm completely honest, I'm a little disappointed with Benefit as for the price, the amount of product really is not worth it.

However, I do love the shade of pink and use it every day for work and just general lazy makeup! I have heard of people using it as a highlighter but please don't.. haha it's a little too dark for that!

Overall a lovely shade but I'm not sure if I would spend so much to repurchase it again. 



♥ Loreal Lumi Magique Foundation in Rose Porcelain 

I thought I would save my favourite "Favourite" until last. OMG. I am obsessed with this foundation. You have to buy it! The coverage is so flawless and you can continue building it up without it looking cakey! I've been looking for my perfect foundation for so long now and have tried tons of high-end brands including MAC and none of them have matched up to this. It is my exact skin colour and is so dewy and flawless-looking. I have read reviews of girls saying it doesn't last long but if you use a powder to set it it'll last all day. I am beyond pleased with this foundation. It provides light to medium coverage but I think you could easily get away with trying to layer it up for heavier coverage. If you're ever looking through the Loreal stand at your drugstore.. seriously try this out! You won't regret it!
 ♥

That's all guys! I hope you enjoyed this post! Again, any requests please feel free to leave them below! I'm really enjoying getting into all of this blogging :-) hopefully I'll post another FOTD sometime soon!

Oh and I have recently created a twitter account! Follow me @SaraBoopxo

Lots of Love!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment