Friday 29 March 2013

Urban Decay Smoked Palette Review! ♥



Hey dolls! ♥ I bought this palette about a month ago when I was browsing through Debenhams with my sister and I can honestly say it's amazing! I thought it would be a good idea to do a review on it as I have had plenty of time to play around with it and try out tons of different looks.

Before I get started please excuse the plastic covering on my mirror in these pictures! I don't have a dirty mirror I'm just OCD about keeping things pretty haha!


Buying this palette was a bit adventurous of me as I'm not one who likes full on dark smokey eyes on myself as they tend to make me look a little dull and a tad homeless if I'm completely honest! I don't use dark colours on my entire lid as I just don't like the look but instead use them on the outer third of my eye and through my crease. I've always been a fan of this method and this palette has some rather fun colours to spice up my regular smokey look and make it a little more fun!


 There are 10 colours in this palette with only two of them being light. I use the two lighter colours for my highlight and transition colour. They are matte in contrast to the other colours so they don't draw any attention away from your smouldering lids!

 ♥

The palette also comes with an eye pencil that is seriously the most blackest of blacks as well as a miniature travel-sized primer potion which is quite cute! 


The eyeliner really does stay on all day and I find it a little hard to blend if I leave it on my lid too long so it's something you have to work quite quickly with if you want to blend it out!


I've never owned an eye primer before so I don't have much experience in them. I do like this primer though as I find it keeps my eyeshadow on longer, prevents creasing and really intensifies my eyeshadow. I have also heard some great reviews on this primer by tons of youtube gurus so I can't be the only who likes it!


I swatched all but one colour-Oops! (including the eye pencil) without building them up so that you could see how pigmented they are with just one swipe. Add primer underneath and a few more layers and the colours are just so bold and bright on your lids! (Not neon bright but you get my drift!)


The palette also came along with a rather cool look-book. I've taken photos of just a few of the looks so you can get an idea on what to expect from the palette. You can always tweak the instructions to your own liking so that they suit the shape of your eyes better and flatter your features.







 If I had anything negative to say about this palette it would be that the material covering it isn't the most stain resistant. I've not had it very long and already I can see foundation and concealer stains on it. It's a bit of a pain wiping your hands down with a wet wipe before using it but other than that I can't fault this palette at all! It makes a great change from my usual neutral smokey eye and is especially great for evening looks!

That's all dolls! I hope you enjoyed this post! I'm glad I've been blogging a little more recently =) If you have any questions about this palette or any of the items mentioned please feel free to leave them in the comments section!

Lots of Love,
SaraBoopxo


No comments:

Post a Comment