Friday 11 July 2014

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette ♡


I've been a fan of Too Faced make-up for quite a while now, so when I saw this cute little palette in Boots I just had to get it. The shades were gorgeous and being a sucker for cute packaging I was completely won over. This is the first palette of theirs that I've owned that hasn't been made out of the usual cardboard that they package their shadows in. This makes it perfect for travelling as you won't have to worry about all of your lovely eye-shadows getting smashed up or squished - I know this was a common worry with the older designs!


(Please refer to the picture below "With Flash" for the true colours. I just couldn't picture the names properly with flash on - the text was too reflective!)


All of the highlight shades are positioned to the left of the palette, the contour shades are to the right and the lid colours are in the middle.

 Colours (left to right):
Top Row: In The Buff, Fuzzy Handcuffs, Voulez-Vous
Middle Row: Satin Sheets, Sugar Walls, Garter Belt
Bottom Row: Birthday Suit, Lap Dance, French Tickler


I swatched the shades a couple of times in the above photograph and you can tell how simple, yet beautiful they are. The colour pay off is amazing and the shades are natural and feminine (provided you don't use the darker shadows over your entire lid!).

As with all Too Faced palettes, this also comes with a mini look-book with step by step applications for three different looks. I didn't include a picture of the guide as it is very basic. If you are a make-up beginner thinking of purchasing this palette, then the little guide would be really helpful to you and would show you basic step by step application of the different shades. Bare in mind however, that this palette does not come equipped with any brushes, so if you do not already own any then you will need to purchase them. There is also a little mirror inside the lid of the palette which is really handy if you're out and about and in need of a touch up.

Overall I'm in love with this palette. I can guarantee you it'll be in my monthly favourites as I just can't get enough of it! I love the combination of matte and shimmery shades and the fact that the matte shades aren't chalky. The shadows glide on like a dream and are so soft that you can instantly tell that they're great quality.

I hope to post a few looks using this palette soon just so that you guys can see how well they wear! I'd definitely recommend this cute little tin to anyone who loves girly, flirty eye looks!


SaraBoopxo


2 comments:

  1. such gorgeous shades! think i need this in my collection

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so beautiful! You really should give them a try :-) xx

      Delete