Friday 25 January 2013

Beauty Haul! ❤


Ladiess! (and perhaps gents.. 'o.O) welcome to my first ever beauty haul! I got paid my first EVER wage on the 23rd so of course I just had to go shopping the very same day! Here are all the beauty products I bought! A couple were bought with money I'd received for my birthday so this is more of a monthly collective haul as I'd bought them beforehand.. Anywho.. I hope you find something in here that might take your fancy! All the prices of the products will be listed at the very end of this post. I hope you enjoy it! ^_^



Benefit Dandelion Blush

I've had my eye on this one for some time now! I can't remember which youtube guru I saw applying this.. It could very well have been the lovely miss meghanjessicamarie but I honestly cant remember! This blush is SUPER natural looking but that doesn't mean it doesn't show up. The colour is a beautiful neutral pink that gives you a gorgeous radiant glow! I'm not quite sure if this would work so well on darker skintones as it is quite light but you could always swatch a little instore before buying it. I don't find it to be "brightening" as so many of the reviews have said so I don't think people should use this to highlight their face. However I do recommend this product as it is perfect for everyday looks!


Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight Powder

Now, I initially bought this thinking it was a highlighter.. but apparently it's supposed to be a setting powder which weirded me out a little as its rather shimmery to be applied all over the face. So I have just used it for what I originally thought it was for and highlight my nose, chin, cupids bow, cheekbones and forehead :-) it's very subtle yet buildable; so you don't need to worry about getting carried away easily! I don't have much experience with highlighters as this is the first I've ever owned.. But it seems a pretty cool product.. not to forget the packaging is super cute!


Maybelline Coverstick Concealer (Fair) & Revlon Peach Petal Lipgloss

Both of these are absolutely gorgeous.The concealer actually surprised me as its very creamy and provides good coverage considering it's price! I've longed for Revlons Peach Petal for some time now and honestly, it hasn't disappointed me. The consistency is a little sticky which fortunately I don't mind, but for those of you who don't like that feeling on your lips it might not be one for you.


Essie's Nail-polish in Russian Roulette

Oh my word. Sooo beautiful! I've been after a nice red for a while now (weirdly enough I didn't have a single red in my collection) so I decided to try out an essie polish as I've never owned one of them before. I am not disappointed! The nailpolish is so pigmented and you can easily get away with just one coat! You don't have to wait ages for it to dry and for the amount of typing I do daily, I've not yet had a single chip! Which for me is extremely rare as all of my other polishes chip within at least a day. I love this and will definitely be heading back for more colours!


St Ives Apricot Scrub (sensitive) & Blistex Intensive Lip Moisturiser

I needed a new face wash and whilst in the lovely little land called Boots I spotted the St Ives Apricot Scrub. I've heard a few good reviews about this product in the past so I thought there was no harm in trying out something different from my regular Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub; it was also reduced so I couldn't really go wrong! I've only used it a couple of times but it has definitely made my skin super smooth and hasn't broken me out which is a great bonus! ^_^
I love Blistex. I usually buy the little tub version for everyday moisture but I got a little annoyed with dipping my finger into it constantly and I sometimes found little specks of dust in it which made me feel a little put off. This squeezy tube seemed a great alternative :-) It does initially come out white and resembles face cream, but that wears off as it sinks into your lips and it turns clear and leaves your lips super succulent ;-)


Soap & Glory- Sugar Crush Body Scrub

Well Sugar Crush.. you smell rather scrummy and Sammy of BeautyCrush loves you.. so why not eh?


Urban Decay Baked Bronzer in Baked

Nowww.. when I was in Debenhams looking through the gorgeous shimmery selection of bronzers they had to offer.. I came across Urban Decays bronzer in Gilded and absolutely fell in love with it. Unfortunately however, it was out of stock, so the very helpful makeup artist suggested I tried Baked as I can use it for both bronzing and contouring and she said the shades weren't as dramatically different as they looked in the compact; one just had slight bronze shimmer whilst Gilded had gold shimmer marbled inside it. I do like this bronzer :-) I use it lightly considering its winter but build it up a little under my cheekbones and it gives me a gorgeous glowing look :-) definitely a good purchase. 


Benefit- They're Real! Mascara

My Loreal Volume Million Lashes had been good to me for a long while.. but I decided it was time for a change. I really liked the wand on this mascara as it's not too chunky -unlike my previous mascara- so I figured I'd have less chance of poking my eye every morning with the bristles (ouch!). I LOVE the little spiky tip on the end of this wand as it helps catch the lashes on the inner part of the eye without smudging black everywhere! Overall a great purchase. Separates the lashes and makes them look very bold and defined- which girl doesn't want that?!


~A little sample I received along with my Benefit products~



Superdrug Cosmetic Bag

This little cosmetic bag was so cheap I just had to get it to keep all my make-up together in my handbag! It's rather dinky sized.. but will easily fit in mascara and things of the sort quite comfortably. Quite a handy little purchase!


Mac Hue & ShyGirl

I bought Hue before Shygirl making it my first ever Mac lippy! (what an accomplishment!) I absolutely love both shades, but have to say that ShyGirl is probably my favourite as I prefer the finish of it and I haven't found it to be as drying as Hue. Shygirl is a beautiful peachy coral colour and is a perfect nude for everyday! I think it would suit all skintones as it's very easy to work with. Hue is a very pretty pinky-nude and I really do love it's colour! It's a glaze finish whereas shygirl is a cremesheen which might be why it is less moisturising. However, I do like the product and it works very well for me if I exfoliate my lips and moisturise them before applying it! Very happy with these two products :-)


Mac Cremesheen Glass- Double Happiness

Again, a very pretty colour. It is described on their website as a "frosted light nude" but I find it also has a nice pink tint to it and it looks lovely on my lips. Very glossy and not sticky at all! It doesn't have specks of glitter inside it but I do find it looks nice and shimmery in the tube. However, those of you who don't like glitter need not worry- it's not very noticeable on the lips! I think it just adds to the glossy effect but you can't tell it's shimmery at all once it's on :-) at least I've not noticed it!


Colgate Plax Mouthwash & Colgate Toothbrush

Random I know! But they count as beauty products right? >.< Some stuff to keep the old choppers nice and cleannn! ^_^



Urban Decay- Naked 2 Palette

Haaaaleluuujah-llelujah! OH MY WORD. Finally! I thought I'd save the best until last. Guess who got the naked 2 palette super late? Why, me of course! It was definitely worth the wait! I chose to get the second palette as the colours seemed a lot more cool-toned than the original and I figured they would suit me much better :-) I've heard people complain about the little lipgloss it comes along with but in all honesty I absolutely love it. It smells, tastes and feels nice and minty :-) I adore it. So excited I got this. Oh! and the double ended brush it came with is very handy! I love the blending end! My favourite colour would HAVE to be bootycall. It is gorgeousss. I know it is very popular amongst others too and it does highlight very well! :-) I'm so happy with this purchase! Can't wait to try out tons of different looks with it!


Well guys that's the end of my haul! I hope you enjoyed it and found something you might be interested in :-) I'll leave a list of all the things I purchased below and their prices! I have a clothing haul coming up soon! So keep a lookout for that too! :-) Love from Saraaaa! <3

Benefit Dandelion Blush- Debenhams: £23.50
Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight Powder- Boots: £22.00
Maybelline Coverstick Concealer (Fair)- Superdrug: £4.09
Revlon Peach Petal Lipgloss- Boots: £6.99
Essie Polish- Russian Roulette- Superdrug: £7.99
St Ives Apricot Scrub (Sensitive)- Boots: £2.85
Blistex Intensive Lip Moisturiser- Boots: £2.63
Soap and Glory- Sugarcrush Body Scrub- Boots: £8.00
Urban Decay Bronzer- Baked- Debenhams: £20.00
Benefit They're Real! Mascara- Debenhams: £18.50
Cosmetic Bag- Superdrug: £2.49
Mac Hue- Debenhams: £14.00
Mac ShyGirl- Debenhams: £14.00
Mac Cremesheen Glass- Double Happiness- Debenhams: £17.00
Colgate Plax Mouthwash- Superdrug: £3.29
Colgate Toothbrush- Superdrug: £2.99
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette- Debenhams: £36.00

No comments:

Post a Comment